Monday, December 8, 2008

my weekend update...

Ok, so ive never been one who really believes in the power of prayer..im quickly learning that it does indeed help to pray. we have been going through a rough time, everything is breaking, we got behind on the mortgage. i prayed for a financial "help" and more hours at work...Thursday david came home and said he had to take a 2 dollar an hour paycut..my heart stopped. he then said he was joking..haha not funny jackass...he has been paying on student loans since we got married both his and his ex wife annas (they were in his name) they were taking about a hundred dollars a week from his check..he has paid them off...so in essence we got a hundred dollar a week payraise..!!!! prayer #1 answered..Friday my boss gave me more hours a week..yay me im up to 40 hours a week..prayer #2 answered..so see, yes it does work..Saturday the kids and i went and ran the roads with dad and bonnie. we always have fun. we picked up emily and her and heather had us crying we laughed so hard...they are some strange kiddos!! and kyle, well i told Bonnie that he was good for entertainment purposes.. some of the things that kid comes up with..Bonnie gave me some ceramic dragons and (of course) snowmen for me to paint along with the paints to paint them with!! i got some new dishes..(my family keeps making comments about my snowmen dishes being used all year long) so they got me a 4 piece setting with flowers on it. Ive been working on christmas presents. turning my cross stitch pieces into pillows, ornaments and sewing boxes. Ive been making tons of earrings for heather to give as gifts to her friends and teachers and kyle has been handmaking some gifts as well. David went and got two more little heaters today and the house is nice and cozy right now. Kyle and Heather are watching "jingle all the way" with Arnold Swartzenager (sp) and kyle is laughing alot...guess he likes the movie..guarentee he will be asking me to find the darn thing so he can keep watching it!! Im starting to feel a little better. not so depressed, though its hard to keep mom from being sad and depressed. I miss my sister. Mom is getting my niece tomorrow for a few days. my brother in law is buying a house in milton so that the kids will at least grow up near their cousins. Its still so hard to believe Ev is gone. I just hope wherever she might be that she knows we all miss her and love her very much and will be thinking about her alot these weeks. especially mom. its hard on her grandmas favorite song was Silent Night and its everywhere..I like to think that when it plays..grandma is saying "Im not too far away". I love you all, mel

2 comments:

Tonya said...

I am praying lots for you.

big big hugs

Tonya said...

Just letting you know you are still in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping you all are doing well.