Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Just another "typical" day...

At least in MY life....let me tell you about my day...(LOL, im not graceful as my sis jenny is...sorry your a clutz jen, I love you!!) anyways..my day. alarm goes off...get kids up, (scrabble to find various missing components of school uniforms...belts, clean shirts etc)...I get to work..as previously stated....I work in a nursing home and I love my job....these people make my life verrrry interesting.. ****names have been changed of course**** I walk in and im greeted by "Max" with "Theres that girl with the ball, hey...where's my hug...your hair smells good....(sneaks a kiss when im hugging him)...now onto the ball toss (our morning exercise routine...i toss a blow up beach ball to half asleep, sometimes very irritated,sometimes not residents) With "jan" i can never throw the ball right..its either to low, to slow, to hard or too high..today I actually made throws that met with her approval...:) now for "granny" sassy ol thing that she is...prays for me the whole time Im torturing her hall mates.. "Rosie" has dementia, severelly...I asked her how she was feeling this mornig and her reply was "awww hell" so i said. guess you are in a badmood huh? and you dont want to hit the ball? and her reply was so eloquently put and I quote " No i dont want to hit the damn ball..shove it up your *** " to which i stated "it wont fit" hehe...she in turn said " If you dont leave me the hell alone, ill make it fit"...geeeee I love my job!!! my other little old man..ill call him jim is the sweetest thing...but if you turn your back onhim....hehe..Im a hugger, yes Im guilty..I hug everyone and most everyone will ask for their good morning hugs..he always has a comment that makes me feel good..like "hey you beautiful thing" or " I just love you more than you know" and that usually earns him an extra hug...well this morning he was feeling frisky...and pinched my butt...then felt guilty and apologized all day..These people are beautiful, most have loving families who just cant provide the care they need and visit often but there are some whos families just dont visit. the hugs i give and the jokes and talks we share make their days as well as mine.. they " hey darlin" you one minute and cuss you out the next. they love affection. they starve for it...so hey if it means putting up with kisses laced with bits of grits or cookie or the occasional pat on the butt..Ill continue being "That hugging girl"...:) I just wanted to share a little...
Then I get home...heheh...now, I got rid of all the kitttens and the mom..guess what I did tonight...I spent the night feeding a kitten with an eyedropper...the kids were outside playing ball and the ball went into the bush at the edge of the woods...there was a kitten in the bush, just one about 4 weeks old or so..hes walking and his eyes are open...needless to say..hes sleeping in a basket in the living room..geee just what we needed...another critter..

No comments: