Monday, July 28, 2008

Its Been a pretty Lousy year so far....

I (once again) Have failed to keep my blog updated for many good reasons..time probably being one of the top reasons. If anyone reads my sister jens blog then they have read some of the reasons there if not...here goes....Since January if it could go wrong with our house....it has septic tank, water heater, plumbing, air conditioner and we got struck by lightening so my "good" computer wont dial up the internet...im on the old one now praying it doesnt quit in the middle....Now, the summer was supposed to be a nice one..me, just working part time mon-fri until 11:15 every day had hopes of taking my kids to the creek every day and soaking up sun..God had other plans. The end of June my stepdads mom fell and broke her neck in a freak accident. That was the first of what has turned out to be a very emotional summer...the end of June saw my dad having quadruple bypass surgery, Jen and i were very scared, neither one of us had ever seen daddy sick much less in a hospital bed doing so bad. My grandmother (on mamas side) has been sick for quite some time, the beginning of July she took ill again and decided she was done fighting and decided to go home with Hospice support, she gave up her fight July 10th and was laid to rest on July 12th. This devastated my mother ( and all of us). we hadn't recovered yet from grandma's passing when we were told my sister (Evelyn, 36) passed away on July 20th, 8 days after my grandma was buried. My sisters services were this passed Sunday and were beautiful, she left behind two young children, a husband and tons of family and friends. Needless to say...Ive not been much in the mood to update my blog..or do much else for that matter. If you click on Jens site (In one ear) on my sidebar you can go watch the beautiful slideshow she made for my sister's memorial service. Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers. I miss you all and hope to return with a vengeance soon!! all my love,,, mel

3 comments:

Rachel Coleman-Frazier said...

So sorry for the loss of Evelyn, Mel. I've been in contact with Jess, JennySue, and Phil.

You all have been through so much.

Love you, Rachel (Coleman)

Unknown said...

Wow, holy cow! I'm so very sorry to hear this. No wonder you haven't been around much.

I am sending the biggest hugs I can, from WA through the internet, to you and yours, in this time of mourning and healing.

Just wanted to let you know I still think about you now and again...
*hugs*

Nancy M said...

I was so sorry to read about all your families difficulties and deaths this year. Sometimes you just wonder how you can deal with it all!! Hang in there and know that there are people all over thinking of you and sending good wishes.