Sunday, August 10, 2008

Lost and Found...

Once upon a time I lived in the faraway country of England. I had the time of my life there and made many friends and fell in love a couple times too...A year ago a lost love found me. now mind you, we are both married with families but it was nice talking to someone who took up such a large portion of my teenage years. It was great catching up and we have kept in sporatic contact with each other for the past year. Evidently he has a very jealous wife. I received and email this morning pretty much telling me that we cant keep in touch for the sakes of both our families...give me a bloody break for crying out loud. It was just a couple of short "hello" how are you emails and nothing more. so I replied and wished him a happy life and told him i never meant for him to get into any kind of trouble with his wife. gee youd think we were all in high school still...On a very happy note though one of my best friends from school, whom i have been trying to get in touch with for about 13 years found me through my myspace account! I was so happy, we ended up talking for about an hour on the phone the other night. we used to have so much fun! and as i stated in my very short blog yesterday I passed the stupid CNA test for work. yay me. hopefully i will get my hours that were cut back at work AND i will be cross trained to help in therapy and dietary so ill get more hours that way. I am sitting here in my jammies (that i didnt bother to take off this morning) typing away and watching Jumanji with my son...he has such strange tastes in movies..once he find one he enjoys,it doesnt matter how old it is or how old he gets he will watch it...One of our favorites is The Goonies...hehe it was one of my favorites when i was younger and i kinda forced him to watch it one day and now he likes it..Well I hope everyone had a lovely weekend and I want to send a big Happy Birthday to my cousin Rachel's daughter Anna she turned 13 today. Happy Birthday Anna!!!

1 comment:

Rachel Coleman-Frazier said...

Thanks Mel! Hey, do you remember going to the theater in Omaha to see "Gremlins"? LOL (and I think that was the theme of most of the stickers that we bought that summer!) LOVE YOU